CALL FOR PAPERS
The Arboricultural Association are hosting a new conference focussing on the topic of surveying trees for bats. This event will be held in Bristol on 20–21 October 2020.
We invite submission of papers on the central theme of surveying trees for bats to explore the following topics:
- Bat ecology and roosting behaviour
- Advances in survey techniques
- Practicalities of surveying trees
AA members, non-members, arboricultural professionals and ecological professionals are invited to submit abstracts under one or more of these topic headings to be considered for a presentation at conference. If you have an idea which fits beneath the overall surveying trees for bats headline but does not necessarily within one of the categories listed above, then please get in touch.
Most presentations will be 30 minutes in length, but longer or shorter talks, workshops or demonstrations will also be considered; please specify this in your proposal.
Proposals should be sent using the form below and must include the following information:
- Job title and organisation
- Brief speaker biography (100 words maximum)
- Title of presentation
- Subject area (from the list above, or something new)
- Abstract (summary of content, maximum 300 words)
- Proposed presentation type (PowerPoint presentation, workshop, etc.)
The deadline for submission of abstracts is Monday 6th April 2020. All abstracts will be reviewed by and we will aim to have responded by early June 2020.
Please share this this call for papers to anyone else who might be interested in participating.