We are thrilled to announce the 1st International Arboriculture Conference organised by the Amenity Tree Care Association, centered around the theme "Our Trees. Our Cities. Our Lives". This groundbreaking conference will take place in Mumbai on March 9th-10th, 2024, bringing together a diverse array of experts and enthusiasts passionate about urban tree care from around the world.
The conference will feature an exceptional lineup of both Indian and International speakers, fostering a global exchange of ideas and practices. With topics ranging from climate change tracking through urban trees to strategic planning for urban forests, participants will explore the crucial role trees play in shaping our cities and our lives.
Attendees will gain insights into sustainable urban forest management, mitigating tree stresses, advancements in tree health care, challenges and opportunities in urban tree management, and the assessment of heritage trees. Furthermore, the conference will delve into the intricacies of urban tree pruning techniques, emphasising both best practices and current challenges.
We are particularly honoured to have Cecil Konijnendijk, a distinguished expert in arboriculture, as our keynote speaker. His wealth of knowledge and experience will undoubtedly set the tone for an enriching and enlightening conference.
Join us at the forefront of arboriculture and urban forestry, as we share, learn, and collaborate to nurture healthier, more resilient cities through the stewardship of our invaluable urban trees.
Tentative Speaker Topics:
- Tracking Climate Change through Urban Trees
- Top-level Strategic Planning for Urban Forests around the World
- Integrating trees in our urban landscape
- The Balancing Act of Miyawaki Plantation
- Sustainable Urban Forest Management Planning using Criteria and Indicators
- Challenges and Opportunities for Arboriculture in UK
- Management of Biotic & Abotic Urban Tree Stresses
- Advancements in Urban Tree Health Care
- Challenges & Opportunities in managing urban trees
- Heritage Tree Assessment
- Current Practices & Challenges in Urban Tree Pruning
- Reduce the Crown, Retain the tree