Activity – to and including 30th April 2020
Arboricultural Association Contact List
As you would expect, the Arboricultural Association has been closely monitoring developments in relation to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
In the current circumstances people’s health and wellbeing is our key concern, and we are taking proactive actions to reduce risk to members, volunteers, staff, partners or visitors, while continuing our normal service in so far as is practically possible. We will continue to monitor the situation and will issue updates to individual and organisational members as appropriate. The situation changes quickly so please watch out for regular updates on the AA website and via social media channels.
Over the recent years the association has deliberately developed its technology, data storage and communication systems to support remote working as appropriate to our business needs; this is an integral part of our risk management strategy.
We wish to provide notice that we will be taking the following actions and putting the following measures in place:
As of Wednesday 18th March – covering the period to 30th April 2020 (This policy will be reviewed again at the end of April).
- Training and Events: From Monday 23rd March - All Arboricultural Association branch and training events will either be cancelled or postponed; refunds will be offered to delegates.
Women in Arboriculture Networking Day (RBG Kew - 26th March) and The Tree Health Day (Cirencester – 31st March) will be postponed until later in the year.
- Arb Show 2020: We have decided that we will cancel the event for 2020; we will be contacting all exhibitors shortly; full refunds will be processed in due course.
- Committee and Working Group meetings: All Association scheduled committee and working group meetings will be postponed until further notice; they will be rescheduled at future dates.
- Accreditations schemes and assessments: All accreditation scheme assessment or reassessment activity from Monday 23rd March until 30th April will be postponed to a later date.
Arboricultural Association head office staff -
- All staff will be working remotely from Wednesday 18th March pending review at the beginning and end of April.
- With the technology we have in place we anticipate that you should not notice any significant difference, and phone calls and emails should be answered as normal.
- Email is the preferred method of contact – a full list of contacts can be found here
- Phoning the office; please listen to the various telephone options should you require to contact a staff member.
- No Association staff overseas business travel will be permitted during this period.
- We envisage no circumstances where staff will need to travel to attend meetings during this period.
- We will be using tele and video conferencing to provide AA representation at all future meetings until further notice.
These are very difficult and uncertain times for everyone; we would ask for a little patience and understanding as we adapt to the set of circumstances we now face.
If you have any queries, please contact AA HQ ideally via email, failing this by telephone.
We will regularly update social media channels and will keep you informed of further developments via email.
Best wishes; Please everyone Stay safe!
Chief Executive Officer
Where to find the latest information: