Salary: £29,235 – £35,298 per annum
Guildford Borough Council is looking for a pro-active, motivated and confident Tree Officer with a passion for trees and nature. We are offering a permanent position for this vital role within a small team committed to improving our Parks and Countryside.
Guildford is a regional centre for leisure, business and education set in beautiful countryside which includes the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Guildford is a thriving market town and is a principal shopping destination with a vibrant night time economy and excellent transport links.
With some 900 employees, we are a hugely diverse organisation delivering a wide range of services and employing people with an even broader range of skills. We provide excellent training opportunities and offer well established flexible working arrangements along with many other benefits including health and wellbeing initiatives and discount shopping schemes. This role attracts a salary of £29,235 to £35,298 per annum and an annual leave entitlement of 24 days plus bank holidays.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Organise and deliver our schedule of proactive tree risk management inspections throughout the Borough, working together with the Tree and Woodland Officer
- Dealing with Council owned tree related queries from the general public and from Council Housing Managers
- Reviewing and shaping tree risk management systems on Council Housing land
- Taking ownership and lead on the management of specific individual Council owned sites
- Helping to direct and organise our Oak Processionary Moth management strategy and research work
- Delivering basic training in tree management and inspection to our Housing Team
What you need to succeed in this role:
At a minimum, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum Level 4 qualification in Arboriculture or equivalent
- At least two years’ professional experience in Tree Inspection
- Previous experience of working with bespoke tree management software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and confidence in dealing with people at all levels
- Conscientious attitude and attention to detail
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy with strong IT skills
It would be great if you also have:
- LANTRA Professional Tree Inspection certificate
- Contract management skills and experience
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Geoff Monck, Trees and Woodland Officer on 01483 444770.
Click here to Apply
Closing date: 17 November 2019
Interview date: 29 November 2019 (TBC)