Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
Contract: Full time, permanent
Salary: Starting at £38K
Closing date: 5pm on June 15th, 2022
As the leading voice on all matters arboricultural in the UK, the Arboricultural Association provides a home and membership for all those employed within the sector; inspiring, supporting and promoting the tree care community for a society that better appreciates and cares for trees.
We provide the standards, training, support and recognition that put our members, in the UK and overseas, at the peak of their profession. We work in partnership with other organisations and stakeholders to achieve successful results for our membership and the wider profession.
The Arboricultural Association is looking to recruit a Technical Officer who will be involved in all aspects of the technical output of the Association including documentation, events and training, as well as representing the Association on external groups.
Working alongside the existing team, the successful candidate will enjoy the opportunity to help shape the direction of the Association, and the arboricultural profession as a whole, in the coming years.
The role of Technical Officer will include:
- Broad responsibility for helping deliver the technical output of the Association.
- Working to deliver the Strategic Plan and strategic objectives of the Association.
- Promoting and supporting the Association and its members.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with industry stakeholders to keep informed of industry issues and opportunities.
- Keeping up to date with technical, legal and policy developments related to the arboricultural sector.
- Offering technical arboricultural knowledge and support to the Association team, including the Approved Contractor Accreditation Scheme.
- Supporting and contributing to arboricultural education development and career progression.
- Delivering technical advice and support as required, for our membership and the general public.
- Helping with delivery of Association events and attending external events on behalf of the Association.
- Supporting the Association’s network of volunteers, including Trustees, Committee members and Branch officials.
- Supporting the production of the Association’s key publications, the Arb Journal and ARB Magazine.
- Travelling, where appropriate, to relevant events, meetings and training.
The successful candidate will have:
- An understanding and appreciation for the underlying ethos of the Association.
- Appropriate qualifications – a minimum Level 4 qualification in arboriculture/urban forestry or a suitable related discipline is expected.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of arboriculture throughout the UK.
- Broad experience of working in the arboricultural profession, ideally in contracting and a variety of roles.
- Familiarity with, and experience of, training, regulation, compliance and/or risk management in arboriculture.
- Natural and professional credibility and gravitas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- The confidence to speak, comment and advise on industry matters with appropriate discretion and judgement.
- An ability and willingness to travel in the UK, and possibly internationally, as required.
- The ability to provide reports and analysis.
- Strong computer literacy including the standard Microsoft Office suite and, ideally, experience of using CRM systems.
- Based at the Association’s head office, The Malthouse, Gloucestershire, GL10 3DL.
- 37.5 hours per week.
- Potential for flexible working arrangements following a probationary period.
- Starting salary £38K.
- All normal employment benefits.
- 21 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays, extending by one extra day of holiday per year, up to 25 days pa.
Interested candidates should submit a comprehensive CV plus a covering letter outlining how they meet the person specification described above. The covering letter must also specify current salary and expected notice period.
These documents must be emailed to the Chief Executive Officer, John Parker, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on June 15th, 2022.
Candidates will be informed whether or not they will be invited to an interview by June 30th, 2022. It is envisaged that the process will be completed and an appointment made by mid-August 2022.
Contact and further information
You can find out more about the Association, including the Strategic Plan 2022-24, on the Association’s website at www.trees.org.uk
For any further information, or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Download the specification