Arboricultural Consultancy has a critical role to play in the protection of individual trees, woodlands and hedgerows and as part of the wider climate emergency; where the replacement and safeguarding of Green Infrastructure needs to be addressed through creative design and the assessment of development opportunities and constraints.
Can you find creative solutions to complex problems? Then you’ll want to take this opportunity. Are you an outdoorsy type that will battle with the elements as long as you can cosy up to a pub fire afterwards? Yup, that’s us too! If you relish the balance between lone wolf and team player, managing your own time well but collaborating with a UK wide team, you’d best apply!
Our tribe of ecological, landscape planning and arboricultural consultants are in a great position to make a positive impact on the built and natural environments.
We are looking for new team members for our offices in Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol and London.
Two Roles Available:
Senior / Consultant Arboriculturist
Locations: Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol and London
Salary: £22,000.00/yr - £40,000.00/yr based on experience and competency
Closing Date: 31 January 2022
Candidates will need to be thorough and methodical in their approach with a proven ability to complete BS5837 tree quality surveys whilst leading on the delivery of planning advice relating to trees and development. Research skills for data searches and a detailed review of planning policy are essential as well as the ability to present your survey findings and associated design advice to clients and developers both clearly and concisely. This role will require you to provide a combination of technical expertise, project management skills as well as assisting with the wider growth of the business through client interaction and seeking out new work opportunities.
Your primary role will be to support the senior team whilst assisting with training for graduates and leading on the delivery of project work. The possible assignments you will be required to undertake could include (depending on experience and ability at the start of your journey with TG) the following day to day tasks:
- Leading on site surveys in accordance with BS5837:2012.
- Baseline research and analysis of planning policies and applicable designations.
- Prepare plans using AutoCAD.
- Preparation of Arboricultural Impact Assessment reports and associated tree retention and removal plans.
- Preparation of Arboricultural Method Statement reports and associated tree protection plans.
- Attend project team and client meetings, liaising with members of multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Undertake business development and partake in supporting the growth of the arboriculture team and wider sales effort for the business.
Tyler Grange are a values led company; committed to setting and raising standards both within our profession and for the communities we are part of. To be successful we are looking for a new member of our tribe who has:
- An interest in the technical side of arboriculture in the context of the UK planning system.
- BS5837 consultancy skills, interest and experience,
- First-rate academic qualifications in arboriculture or a similar environmental discipline, with a professional membership with the Arboricultural Association seen as a favourable indicator.
- Experience with project management and a client facing role.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational and management skills.
- An approach that complements our values and collaborative working.
- A commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
- A full UK driving licence so that you can join experienced colleagues on site and immerse yourself into the projects from the start.
- Might like to occasionally brew a collaborative beer with our partners and friends!
The people you collaborate with inside and outside of Tyler Grange are what shapes your experience as a consultant. You will help to forge new relationships with clients; getting to know them and making sure it not just “all about the work”. We share positive experiences with everyone we collaborate with at TG; making positive change and enjoying the journey.
Deadline: 31 January 2022
Earlier applications are encouraged as we intend to appoint as soon as possible. To apply please send us a CV (email@example.com) and a Covering Letter.