- Salary - negotiable
- Company Pension Scheme
- Competitive annual leave
- Annual professional institution subscription
- Annual company performance bonus scheme- subject to company performance
- Excellent career prospects and training.
Application Deadline: December 23rd 2019
Liz Lake Associates is a young and innovative practice, with offices in Stansted, Bristol and Nottingham. As a result of our expanding workload we are looking to recruit an experienced, self-motivated Arboricultural Consultant to join our team to support our continued growth within the environmental profession.
We work from large Blue-chip clients through to small bespoke developers, working for a wide range of public and private-sector projects throughout the UK. This is delivered by a highly experienced, motivated, creative and professional team, small enough to ensure personal attention to detail and yet large and flexible enough to offer a comprehensive package for the biggest of projects.
Working in the design and planning sector we are looking for someone with ambition and commitment, who can deliver; BS5837:2012 survey work, from project inception and bidding stages through to the completion of planning documents, including Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Method Statements. The candidate will be able to take projects from pre-land purchase and pre-application discussions, through design to planning submission and on to planning condition discharge with the usual discussion/liaison as required within often complex teams and projects.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable previous professional experience in arboricultural planning (at least 1-2 years’ track record in arboricultural consultancy);
- Proficient in obtaining clear field survey data in accordance with BS5837:2012;
- Experienced in preparing reports for a variety of development projects, including Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Arboricultural Method Statements in accordance with BS5837;
- A working knowledge of Keysoft (Keytree) to support our Design team is desirable;
- Comprehensive knowledge of arboricultural legislation and tree law;
- Good communication skills, must be concise and effective at communicating ideas in a professional manner;
- Provide advice covering a broad range of arboricultural issues for clients and Local Planning Authorities, including attendance at meetings;
- Preparation of fee proposals and financial management.
- Applicants should ideally hold a FdSc Arb, BSc degree or PDArb in Arboriculture or higher in arboriculture in closely related field;
- Be a member of or working towards Professional membership of the Arboricultural Association or the Institute of Chartered Foresters;
- LANTRA Professional Tree Inspector Certificate is desirable but not essential;
- Track record of industry related CPD.
Candidates must possess a full UK driving licence to enable site visits. Based in our Stansted office candidates may also be asked to work occasionally from our other offices and assist the wider team with projects as required.
Curriculum Vitae and covering letters should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Liz Lake Associates is an equal opportunity employer. www.lizlake.com
Company Name: Liz Lake Associates